Hello you lyers!
I made a cold process soap last week that I split in 2 different batches:
- Adding honey, honey fragrance and yellow colour;
- Adding peach fragrance and orange colour to the other.
I first poured my honey batch and everything was OK. When I was ready to pour my peach batch I noticed that it was beginning to clump up (ricing). I tried to be quick and poured the batch in my mold hoping for the best.
When I went to cut my soap the next day, it was full of brown chunks. DOS? No, because my other batch was perfect (except for the soda ash forming on top…).
I cut the soap to see how it looked like inside:
Not a very nice picture. Even though I was sure it was from the fragrance, I did not want to throw out this soap, and keeping it at home for ourselves would take forever to finish the soap. So I decided to try and rebatch and save this soap.
I cut the soap in very thin slices and placed it in a double boiler (I don’t have a crockpot and the double boiler worked just fine).
It took about 1 hour to melt it all. I left it about 10 more minutes just to make sure and then I decided that it was time to scoop it in the mold.
I scooped all of the soap in the mold and let it cool.
When I tried to unmold it the next day it was very difficult, so I put the soap in the freezer for 3 hours and then unmolded it!
And ta-dah. Here is my rebatched soap cut up. I actually like the way it turned out and I am happy that I saved my soap! Now, I think I am ready for a hot process challenge 🙂
Great thing about rebatch and hot process soap – it only has to cure for about 1 week and it can be used!
I also made a video. I will upload it tomorrow on youtube!
Next week I will try my first hot process soap!